It is currently Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Insecurities
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:33 pm 

Okay, so this is kind of tough for me to talk/type bout because she's like a sister to me.

One of my closest friends recently went through a stint where her she started to have self doubts about herself because her longest relationship lasted like 3 months long. She thinks is because she works a lot and that she doesn't get to meet a lot of guys, or the fact she's still a grown tomboy. I'm more of a fashionista with a thing for J's, shorts, and dresses but she's tall, kind of thin and confident, but her confidence is wavering, I think.

Every guy sees her as the friend "who could introduce them to her other friends" because she's so laid and cool. It hurts her a bit, but she bounces back. She's got two jobs and puts herself through school and every time we go out, we make sure she's 'swagged' out (dressed up, heels, hair down, etc) and she flirts but...idk, its just sad to see my friend sad. We're all kind of average height so sometimes she wishes she was a bit shorter, a bit bustier, etc. I told she's fine just the way she is.

She's insecure because we've all had lasting/somewhat meaningful relationships and she hasn't, really. We tease her about being a late bloomer, but like I said -- she's not ugly. She's just feeling down and tired of being alone. Quickies aren't her thing anymore. No she's not gay or secretly bi or nothing like that (nothing wrong with it, its just not her cup of tea) she's just tired of being by herself and cried the other night about it.

I think I know the answer to this but has anybody else felt that way and got over it? We all have insecurities but she's been mulling over these for a long time and I don't see any end in sight -- it's eating at her, although she thinks we dont see it.

dah well. just thought I'd share. and she owns more J's than I do and i've been collecting ever since I could start working, hehe.

[8/22/83-11/29/09]

www.thenqm.com & sneakerslut.blogspot.com
Follow NQM on twitter!
twitter.com/NQMblog
twitter.com/toosoonjunes

save ya money -- support an artist
DEEJAYJUNIE <---Karmaloop REP CODE

Post subject: Re: Insecurities
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:04 pm 

i feel pretty insecure when i meet his friends who look way better than me

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]